Self Defense Classes
Japanese Jujitsu escapes, throws, locks, & holds to defend
against a larger opponent.
Okinawan Shorin Ryu blocks, punches, strikes, & kicks, to
protect against an attack.
Boys and girls learn self defense, confidence, discipline,
Jujitsu, Karate, Martial Arts, and Women's Self Defense Classes in
Making martial artists for over 30 years
Located in Long Beach, CA in the heart of Southern California,
Lakewood Budo Kai is recognized as one of California ’s leading
traditional martial arts and self defense schools.
Specializing in Jujitsu,
Karate, and Women’s
Self Defense classes, our traditional training methods offers
exceptional quality instruction. Our Long Beach martial arts
students are among the best in the world.
Lakewood Budo Kai is home to top Jujitsu and Karate martial arts and
Women's self defense instructors and students. Our
certified instructors have over 10 years of teaching experience and
have passed a personal background check. Our
extraordinary students are the reason we've been in Long Beach over
30 years. Our students come from every walk of life including
teachers, students, engineers, scientists, mechanics, managers,
moms, entrepreneurs, taxi drivers, and others. All are drawn
to our Long Beach self defense school because of it’s uniqueness and
quality of instruction:
- Practical self defense against multiple attackers and gangs
- One-on-one black belt lessons with private instruction
- Exceptional training partners
- Highest quality martial arts instruction
- Martial arts and self defense instruction for over 30 years
- Advanced Jujitsu and Karate martial arts training sessions
after three months
- Weapons classes for advanced martial arts students
- Traditional Japanese training and philosophy
- Comprehensive Jujitsu, Karate, and women’s self defense
Sign up for our free Lakewood Budo Kai
Martial Arts Newsletter. You
will learn about martial arts history,
fitness tips, current events, and steps you can take to improve your
Self defense for the Long Beach community.